Looking for a handmade gift for this festivity? Grab some beeswax and light weight oil, melt it and pour it in a mold… You’ve a luxurious deep moisturizing lotion bar and they make a perfect gift!!
Lotion bars are solid bar containing skin-loving plant-derived natural oils & butters which melts on contact with skin.
It’s easy to do and much precisely you’ll get to know what’s in your product. These lotion bars are eco-friendly and are easy to carry on your travel. It’s free from parabens, SLS, SLES, mineral oil and preservatives. As you start using it, you’ll skip your regular moisturizers and lotions. You could also make it as scented version using essential oils or an unscented one without any fragrances.
Adding in, Shea butter and kokum butter makes it extra moisturizing and nourishes your skin. They help to reduce stretch marks and scars in the long run. It also helps to combat dry skin and it feels super silky on skin. One small bar comes for 8 to 10 uses. If made in large bunch and stored in an airtight container, then it comes for a year. Keep it away from direct sunlight and heat. I store the lotion bars in refrigerator to prevent it from liquefying.
Pop in a spoon of arrowroot powder or cornstarch to make it less greasy and fast absorbing. Here’s a recipe for luxurious Shea butter lotion bar.
Shea Butter – ½ cup
Kokum Butter – ½ cup
Tamanu oil – ¼ cup
Rosehip oil – ¼ cup
Grapeseed oil – ¼ cup
Vitamin E oil – 3 ml
Beeswax – ¼ cup (More of it, will make the bar harder)
Arrowroot powder – 1 tbsp.
HOW TO MAKE SHEA & KOKUM BUTTERS LOTION BARS
- In a heat-safe container, add all the butters and oils (except Vit E oil) along with beeswax. Place the container over a saucepan with an inch level of water in it, creating a double boiler set-up to melt the ingredients.
- Stir until the butter melts and remove from flame.
- Add the vitamin E oil and fragrances of your choice and stir thoroughly.
- Add arrowroot powder and mix well. Carefully, pour the melted oil mixture into each cavity.
- Place the mold in the freezer for rapid cooling of the mixture. Remove from the mold after an hour.
- If your mold is not rigid, it becomes difficult to move it around. So, place the mold on a solid surface to carry it around. I get to know it after pouring in the mixture. Please be careful on choosing the mold.
- To clean the container, wipe it out with tissue paper. Then, pour hot water and rinse with soap solution.