CARROT BEANS KURMA – PERFECT INDIAN SIDE DISH FOR CHAPPATHIS!!
Carrot Beans kurma is a simple and easy side dish that goes well with chappathis and dosas.
Here’s a recipe for it.
Carrots, Beans – 1 cup chopped
Onion – 1 chopped
Tomato – 2 chopped
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Lemon – ¼ tsp. or 2 drops
Water – ½ cup
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp.
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Cardamom – 2
Cloves – 2
Jeera seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Coconut – 3 tbsp.
Green chillies – 2
Ginger – ½ inch
Fennel seeds – ½ tsp.
Poppy seeds – ½ tsp. (optional)
Cashew – 4-5 (optional)
Water – a little to grind
HOW TO MAKE CARROT BEANS KURMA
- Clean and finely chop carrot, beans, tomatoes, coriander leaves and onions. Keep it aside separately.
- Grind all the ingredients that are mentioned under ‘To Grind’ into a smooth paste by adding little water.
- In a pan, heat oil and temper jeera seeds, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves. Add chopped onions, curry leaves and sauté until it turns golden color. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté until the raw smell leaves.
- Now, add chopped carrots and beans. Sauté it well for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the ground paste and a little water to it.
- Add salt to taste and cover it with a lid and cook the vegetables for 8 – 10 minutes in simmer. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and add 2 drops of lemon juice before removing it from heat.
- Adding chilly powder and coriander powder will give a different taste to the curry.
- My mom used to add poppy seeds and few cashews while grinding the mixture. It tastes good.
Serve hot with chappathis and phulkas. Try it with idiyappam… I just love it!!